The volunteer Bike Service Corp (BSC) provides weekly opportunities for youth (age 12+) and adults to come together to engage in service projects and build community throughout the Greater Cleveland area. BSC volunteers work with community partners (individuals, organizations, government, schools, and businesses) to identify and meet needs in the community.
- The Bike Service Corp. meets every at 2 p.m. at (coming soon). One hour of homework is followed by departure on bicycles to engage in service projects from 3-5 p.m. The last (coming soon) of every month, Service Corp volunteers meet at 1 p.m. at (coming soon) to engage in an afternoon of service.
- By special request: The Bicycle Service Corp will engage in projects outside of the regularly scheduled times. If you have a need for the BSC outside of the regularly scheduled time, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Help people and projects in need in the community
- Provide a supportive and inclusive team-oriented environment
- Build interest in bicycles as a fun, practical, sustainable mode of transportation
- Build goodwill in the community and inspire friendships
- Advance youth job and life skills
- Provide collaborative volunteer service to the community in a sustainable green way
Volunteer Mentors! Are you interested in being a mentor? We are always looking for volunteer mentors and service providers. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can often accommodate groups.
Program Supplies! Are you interested in sponsoring a project (snacks and drink)? Or student BSC member? We need good bikes, bike accessories such as cargo trailers, and other supplies (gloves, tools, etc.) for our Corp. If you or your business/organization would like to donate or sponsor a student member, please contact email@example.com Click Here for a current list of needed tools.
Service Projects! Do you need help with a project or know someone (or an organization) who does? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I become a volunteer? Please email ? or call ? to express your interest. We will then arrange a time to meet and gather some information from you.
- What types of service projects are appropriate to ask for help? All types of service projects are feasible. It is ideal if the project can be completed in one or two visits by our team. Just ask!
- What if it’s raining? Please contact us ahead of time before coming in. We may cancel for the day depending upon the severity of the weather and the type of service project we have scheduled.
- What if I want to volunteer but I am not able to ride a bike? No problem, we have roles for volunteers that do not involved riding a bicycle such as tutoring, program organization, and other support roles.